District Mineral Foundation Trust, Simdega
District Mineral Foundations (DMF) are statutory bodies established by the State Governments by notification. They derive their legal status from section 9B of Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Act, 1957 as amended on 26th March, 2015 as Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Amendment Act, 2015. This amendment came into force from 12th January, 2015. Each DMF is a trust established in the mining affected districts across the country.
The objective of DMF is to work for the interest of the persons and areas affected by mining related operations in such manner as may be prescribed by the State Government, from time to time.
MISSION AND VISION OF THE TRUST
The mission of the District Mineral Foundation (DMF) Trust is to “work for the welfare and development of mining affected communities”.
The vision of the District Mineral Foundation (DMF) Trust is to “alleviate the adverse impacts of mining on communities and environment, and create sustainable development opportunities for current and future generations”.
FUNCTIONS OF DMF TRUST
The DMF Trust is responsible for:
- The implementation of various welfare and developmental projects in mining affected areas.
- Minimizing/mitigating the adverse impacts, during and after mining, on the environment, health and socio-economic status of the people in mining areas.
- Ensuring long term sustainable livelihoods for the affected people in mining areas.
It undertakes the following activities for this purpose:
- Receive, maintain, manage, release and utilize the funds accrued.
- Plan, identify, design and undertake suitable welfare and developmental projects, following due procedure.
- Monitor and coordinate with various executing agencies at field level for successful implementation of projects taken up.
- Ensure convergence with ongoing/existing schemes/projects of State and Central Government.
- Identify and promote innovative solutions.
- Ensure regular and swift redressal of grievances.
- Coordinate with District rural development authority (DRDA) and Mines and mineral Department.
- Any other work entrusted.
|07||DSR (Stone Minerals) of Simdega District, District Mining Office, Simdega||Click here|
|06||District Mineral Foundation Trust, Simdega Annual Report||Financial Year 2016-17|
|05||Details of schemes taken under District Mineral Foundation Trust||Click here|
|04||DSR (Sand Minerals) of Simdega District, District Mining Office, Simdega||Click here|
|03||DMFT Report||Click here|
|02||District Survey Report, District Mining Office, Simdega||Click here|
|01||Industry, Revenue and DMFT related details||Click Here|