Name of Office – Road Construction Department, Road Division, Simdega.
Address of Office– Road Construction Department, Road Division, Simdega.
Collectorate Building, Block –C, Simdega, PIN-835223.
Sanction of the Office – Vide Letter no.- 2323(S), dt.- 29.03.2008 of Road Construction Department, Ranchi, Govt. of Jharkhand, the creation of this office was done.
Scope of the work of the Division– Important Roads and High Level Bridges of the district is constructed under Road Division Simdega. State Highways(SH), Interstate Connectivity Roads, Major District Road(MDR), Other District Road (ODR) and Link roads connectivity two important roads are connecting two important roads are constructed/ Widened/ Strengthened by the division.
All schemes of road & bridges are sanctioned on state level. Besides this, maintenance of constructed roads are done by the division.
Contribution of Road Department to the District.
Construction of all weather roads, develop the area connected to it. Due to construction of Black top road provides easy and speedy approach to remove village areas, which causes the economic, social and educational development of these remote village areas. Roads connect tourist places and historical places of the remote areas to main roads as well as district head quarters. Easily access to the tourist places improves facilities and speedy growth of tourist places of the district which at last improves employment opportunity. Road brought tourist places on the district as well as state map. Road serves major role for providing medical facilities to remote village areas, which protects life of the people at last. It also helps in maintaining law and order situation in remote village areas as well as boarder areas. Only Construction of a road produces so much opportunities of employment itself.
Constructed Road and Bridges under the Division.
- 3.75 m wide Black top road (Single Lane)- 147.3 km
- 5.50 m wide Black top road (Intermediate Lane)- 276.06 km
- 7.0m wide Black top road (Double Lane)- 8.10 km
- High Level Bridge (12m wide) – 609.74m
Under Construction Roads.
- Bolba-Belkuba-Takbhar Odisha Border Road (Length -16.50km) is sanctioned under RCPLWEA Schemes. The work of the road has been stopped due to forest clearance. Process of Forest clearance is under process.
- Palkot (NH-23)-Rokodega-Bilingbera-Tamra Road (Length 38.50km) is sanctioned by State Government. The contraction of work of this road is under progress. 7.00 km of the road length is effected due to Wild Life Centaury (Gumla) area, process for Wild Life Forest Clearance is being done.